Baking Basics: Tips and Tricks on Baking

Baking can be a fun activity to fill your time with. Baking has always been something that I have 

loved to do. My baking knowledge has been passed down through the family and I will share 

some tips and pointers with you to help if you are new to baking.


One of the most important things that I have learned is that baking and cooking are very 

different. Cooking is more experimental while baking is more of a strict list to follow. In cooking, 

you can play around with the recipe and substitute ingredients to get the flavor that you desire. 

In baking, if you don't follow the recipe as it says, your dessert will not turn out right.


Also, it is important not to judge some of the ingredients in whatever you are baking because 

every ingredient plays a role in the structure of the dessert. I have had times where I didn't think 

I would like one of the ingredients in a cake, so I left it out and the cake didn't turn out right. I 

tried again following the recipe and the cake turned out well.


Another important tip when baking is to grease your pan. There are many different ways to 

grease your baking pan. The two ways that I use most often are using spray baking pam or 

using butter. I lightly spray my pan with baking pam and will sometimes use a paper towel to 

wipe away any excess grease to make sure that the pan isn't too greasy. The other method that 

I use is the butter method. I take a stick of butter and smear it all over the pan until it is all 

covered. A simple step like this can prevent your cake from sticking to your pan and will make it 

easier to get out of the pan.

Hopefully you will find these tips useful the next time you find yourself struggling in the kitchen.








Comments